The Community Leader Program exists to help College Possible students earn degrees by strengthening their campus connections through a supportive peer network. Community Leaders are responsible for fostering a greater sense of College Possible community at their institutions by:
- Promoting College Possible student engagement on campus with existing campus programs, events and activities via social media communication and in-person support
- Participating in professional development opportunities such as LAUNCH!
- Planning and implementing College Possible community events in collaboration with coaches
- Providing formal and informal feedback to Community Leader Coordinator and coaches
College Possible is seeking current college students to serve as Community Leaders for the 2023-2024 school year!
Applications close February 17, 2023.
- Must be attending University of Minnesota- Twin Cities, St Catherine University, Minnesota State University Mankato, Hamline University, Augsburg University, Concordia University- Saint Paul or University of St Thomas/Dougherty family college
- Must be currently enrolled and plan to be enrolled through spring 2024
- Must be in good academic standing (i.e. not on probation)
- Share and promote campus events, opportunities and resources
- Collaborate with College Possible in planning & hosting community events for students on campus
- Engage with other College Possible students
- Provide relevant content, ideas and opportunities on campus using common platforms such as Instagram and Groupme
- Encourage peers to connect with College Possible programming and their coaches
- Meet with college coaches and staff to plan programming and share feedback
- Exemplary responsiveness to college coach and participation in College Possible program
- Open-minded leader, accepting of peers of all backgrounds and identities
- Great communication skills
- Motivated self-starter, passionate about the success and engagement of College Possible students
- Access to and proficiency with social media platforms such as Instagram and groupme
Benefits for being a Community Leader!
- Networking opportunities: Meet professionals in different fields and staff from College Possible as well as fellow and prospective students.
- Development of your leadership skills: Hone skills for how to plan events, develop an understanding of how to motivate others, and practice your public speaking.
- The opportunity to shape this program and support other CP students: Your feedback will make this program engaging and effective for future students transitioning to college.
- A great addition to your resume: Not only can you add this position to your resume, you can also utilize the contacts you make as future references for jobs or grad school.
- 15-20 hours per semester
Questions? Email Stella Vang, Sr. College Program Coordinator
Past Community Leader Events!
- Bowling Night
- Board Game Night
- Horror Movie Night
- Jolly Fest
- Ice Cream Social
- Pumpkin Painting
- Appreciation Goodie Bags