The Community Leaders Program exists to help College Possible students earn degrees by strengthening their campus connections through a supportive peer network. Community Leaders are responsible for fostering a greater sense of College Possible community at their institutions by:
- Promoting College Possible student engagement on campus with existing campus programs, events and activities via social media communication and in-person support
- Participating in professional development opportunities such as LAUNCH!
- Planning and implementing College Possible community events in collaboration with coaches.
- Providing formal and informal feedback to Community Leaders Coordinator and coaches
College Possible is seeking current college students to serve as Community Leaders for the 2022-2023 school year.
Applications close March 1, 2022.
- Must be attending University of Minnesota- Twin Cities, St Catherine University, Minnesota State University Mankato, Hamline University, Augsburg University, Concordia University- Saint Paul or University of St Thomas/Dougherty
- Must be engaged in a campus group or organization
- Must be currently enrolled and plan to be enrolled through spring 2023
- Must be in good academic standing (i.e. not on probation)
- Fall & Spring Events
- Share, promote and attend 3 campus events per semester
- Collaborate with College Possible in planning and hosting community events for students
- Facilitate peer to peer conversations and provide space for community building
- Social Media Promotion
- Provide relevant content, ideas and opportunities on campus using common platforms such as Facebook and Instagram
- Encourage and facilitate College Possible student engagement in campus activities via social media
- Encourage peers to connect with the College Possible Success Program
- Attend bi-monthly team meetings
- Exemplary responsiveness to college coach and participation in College Possible program
- Actively engaged in at least one student group
- Open-minded leader, accepting of peers of all backgrounds and identities
- Motivated self-starter, passionate about the success and engagement of College Possible students
- Access to and proficiency with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram & groupme)
Benefits for the Community Leader:
- Networking opportunities: Meet professionals in different fields and staff from College Possible as well as fellow and prospective students.
- Development of your leadership skills: Hone skills for how to plan outcomes-based events, develop an understanding of how to motivate others, and practice your public speaking.
- The opportunity to shape this program and support other CP students: Community Leaders is a new College Possible initiative and your feedback will make this program engaging and effective for future students transitioning to college.
- A great addition to your resume: Not only can you add this position to your resume, you can also utilize the contacts you make as future references for jobs or grad school.
- 10-15 hours per semester