“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We may then collect your name, address, and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address, and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number, and payment information when you make a contribution, either one our website, over the phone, or by mailing a check.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by College Possible. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Removal from our Mail/Email List
It is our desire not to send unwanted communications to our supporters. Our supporters are given the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ and remove themselves from our mail/email list at any time, should they desire to do so. Please contact us if you do not want to receive communications from College Possible.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- College Possible protects financial information received both on-line and off-line. We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration. College Possible uses an accredited and secure online payment processing service. College Possible does not store, nor do we have access to, your credit card information, bank account numbers or other account data sent through our processing services. Credit card payment information mailed to us off-line is shredded after payments have been processed.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify personal information with third parties if the information was collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- Limited donor information, such as name and timeframe in which a donation was made, may be used for promotional and fundraising activities. College Possible provides donors the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation or to remain anonymous (donors must specifically request to remain anonymous).
College Possible National
755 Prior Ave N, Suite 210
Saint Paul, MN 55104
You can also reach us at Info@CollegePossible.org