Welcome to a new College Possible Philadelphia academic year. It is a time of all things new – program participants, relationships and team members supporting the college access and success goals of College Possible Philadelphia. During the 19-20 academic year, we are on track to:
- Serve over 2,000 students with resources and support that helps get them to and through college. Over 1,000 of these students will receive intensive, near-peer coaching from an AmeriCorps service member who has dedicated one year to improve educational outcomes for College Possible Philadelphia students. Our current cohort of AmeriCorps members have come to Philadelphia from 13 states and 19 higher education institutions.
- Partner with at least 16 colleges and universities in and around Philadelphia that share our commitment to empowering students from low-income background and those would be in the first in their families to pursue a four-year degree
- Celebrate College Possible Philadelphia’s first group of college graduates who are on track to graduate in spring 2020
Jasmyne Fields is one of these up and coming college graduates in her final year at Neumann University. She first joined the program at Upper Darby High School because she knew her family likely couldn’t afford SAT classes and essay coaching. With the guidance of her college coach, Jasmyne navigated the transition to college life, changing majors and contemplating graduate school options:
“College Possible helped me grow as a person and build a community of people going through the very same thing.”
During what promises to be a landmark year for College Possible Philadelphia, I hope you will renew your connection to our mission by:
- Making a gift or increasing your annual contribution. Your donation of just $150 supports one month of programming for a student on a college journey. Please consider donating today.
- Seeing our programming in action during a visit to a partner high school or to a partner college campus. Please contact me to schedule a visit or welcome me into your workplace or community to talk about the challenges and opportunities for students on the Delaware Valley who are working toward their four-year degrees.
- Selecting College Possible Philadelphia as the recipient of your PA Education Improvement Tax Credits. The Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program provides Pennsylvania companies with a tax credit up to 75 percent for a one-year commitment and 90 percent for a two-year commitment for contributing to an educational improvement educational organization (EIO). College Possible Philadelphia is registered as an EIO until December 31, 2019.
Thank you for being a champion for college completion and investing in the college journeys of Philadelphia and Delaware County students.